In this issue: we report on union eligibility rules; what constitutes an offer of acceptable alternative employment; the consequences of an employee’s refusal of a settlement offer; an ATO ruling on ordinary hours of work; and whether a complaint about employment made to an employer can constitute a ‘workplace right’.
- Union eligibility rules = coverage = right of entry, bargaining rights
- Bar raised on acceptable alternative employment
- Employee’s refusal of settlement offer results in costs order
- ATO ruling on ordinary hours of work for SG purposes
- General protections and workplace rights
David Cormack – Brisbane Barrister